1600 Calorie Diet
1600 calories per day is appropriate for a medium-sized woman who exercises lightly and wants to maintain weight.
For the woman who exercises 3-5 times per week, 1600 calories per day will generally cause fat loss. See more on the Daily Calorie needs calculator.
1600 Calorie Meal Plan
The following plan was written by the NHLBI (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute).
We suggest making the following changes - use olive oil instead of vegetable oil, basmati or brown rice instead of white rice. If possible, consider eliminating margarine from your diet completely.
- 1/2 cup oatmeal, prepared with 1% milk, low fat
- 1/2 cup milk 1%, low fat
- 1 medium English muffin
- 1 T cream cheese, light, 18% fat
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup coffee
- 1 oz milk 1%, low fat
- 2 oz baked chicken, without skin
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup lettuce
- 1/2 cup tomato
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 2 tsp oil and vinegar dressing
- 1/3 cup white rice, seasoned with margarine, diet
- 1 small baking powder biscuit, prepared with vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp margarine
- 1 cup water
- 3 oz lean roast beef
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 T beef gravy, water-based
- 1/2 cup turnip greens, seasoned with 1/2 tsp margarine, diet
- 1 small sweet potato, baked
- 1/2 tsp margarine, diet
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 medium slice cornbread prepared with margarine, diet
- 1/4 medium honeydew melon
- 1 cup iced tea, sweetened with sugar
- 4 Saltine crackers, unsalted tops
- 1 oz Mozzarella cheese, part-skim, low-sodium
Ensure you drink plenty of water.
Share this article