What Colors Mean - Green
Green is the color of emeralds, jade, and growing grass. In the continuum of colors of visible light it is located between yellow and blue. Green is the color most commonly associated with nature and the environmental movement, Islam, spring, hope and envy.
* Only one national flag is a solid color: the green flag of Libya.
* Ancient Egyptians colored the floors of their temples green.
* In ancient Greece, green symbolized victory.
* In the highlands of Scotland, people wore green as a mark of honor.
* Green is the national color of Ireland.
* A “greenback”? is slang for a U.S. dollar bill.
* Green means “go.”? When “all systems are green,”? it means everything is in order.
* The green room of a concert hall or theater is where performers relax before going onstage.
* The “green-eyed monster”? is jealousy.
* A greenhorn is a newcomer or unsophisticated person.
* Green is youthful.
* Being “green around the gills”? is looking pale and sickly.
* “Green with envy”? means full of envy or jealousy.
* A person with a “green thumb”? is good at making plants grow.
* A green, or common, is a town park.
* Green is a healing color, the color of nature.
Share this article