Symptoms Of Pregnancy Before A Missed Period
While a missed period is almost a certain sign of pregnancy, your body displays definite signs and symptoms before that as well, which can be read as indicative of pregnancy. Early pregnancy signs are usually related to the pregnancy hormone hCG or "Human Chorionic Gonadotropin", which is responsible for the occurrence of pregnancy symptoms. Though the hCG is normally undetectable, until after a period is missed, there are several women who report experiencing typical pregnancy symptoms even before as well. Early pregnancy symptoms usually differ from one woman to the other. However, since each symptom may be related to something other than pregnancy, it is important to understand such signs and indicators very clearly. Below mentioned are the symptoms of pregnancy before a missed period. Read on to determine whether they are indicative of your pregnancy or not.
- Light spotting is one of the potent signs of pregnancy before a missed period. The fertilized egg burrows through the uterus lining that is rich in blood, causing implantation bleeding. The spotting is very light, with stains that are red, pinkish or reddish-brown in color. The staining may be observed for a day or so. However, if the spotting is accompanied by pain, you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- During the course of pregnancy, the blood supply and other fluids in the body are increased. The kidneys process extra fluid and fill up the bladder, leading to frequent urination. Hormonal changes also contribute to repeated urination.
- If the body temperature remains high for over 18 days in a continuous pattern, without any apparent illness, there is a good chance that you are pregnant.
- Before missing a period, fatigue is one of the early signs of pregnancy. The change in hormonal levels can make you feel exhausted and dizzy.
- Abdominal cramps may also be experienced, as the uterus is capable of contracting due to exercise, moving around and orgasms.
- Nausea is also one of the early signs of pregnancy before a period has been missed. The feeling of nausea can be experienced any time during the day or night. Vomiting may also follow the nauseating feeling.
- Tender, swollen breasts are among the earliest signs of pregnancy. The soreness of the breasts produces a pain that is similar to the breast pain experienced before the menstrual cycle.
- Constipation may also be experienced, as the intestine tends to be more relaxed, owing to the hormonal changes, leading to changes in the bowel movement. So, a change in the bowel movement is one of the initial signs of pregnancy.
- The hormonal changes occurring in the body can also result in a bloated stomach. If your pants begin to get tighter at the waist, it may be an early sign of pregnancy before you miss your periods. The bloated stomach may also make you feel uncomfortable.
Share this article