Spinach, One of the Top 5 Healthy Vegetables for Body - Part 2
6. Reduces the risk of anemia: Cooked spinach is an excellent source of iron, a mineral whose reduced levels are associated with Anemia. The iron that is contained in spinach (in its natural state) is also good for young children, menstruating women and adolescent who have increased need for Iron.
7. Stronger Eyesight: Lutein, a carotenoid found in spinach is protective against cataracts and other age related macular degeneration. Spinach is also a very rich in Vitamin A, which makes it beneficial for weak eyes. Zeaxanthin, another carotenoid found in spinach, keeps the healthy by increasing the level of the macular pigment in the eye which degenerates with age. Drinking spinach juice twice a day may also help in correcting the power of the eyes.
8. Promotes gastrointestinal health: The beta-carotene and vitamin C work to protect the cells of the body’s colon from the harmful effects of free radicals. Folate present in spinach also prevents the mutations and DNA damage in colon cells.
9. Protects against aging: Spinach is known to be an anti-aging vegetable and reverses age related breakdowns, making you youthful and fresh. As we age our memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Spinach helps us to keep our memory when the cause is due to aging.
10. Skin protection: Vitamin B present in spinach helps in maintaining the firmness of the skin. Spinach also protects your skin from the harmful rays of sun including the UV rays. It reduces the risk of skin cancer and makes sure that you have a healthy glowing skin.
11. Good for pregnant mothers: Folate found in spinach is needed by the growing foetus for proper development of new nervous system. Spinach also provides vitamin A which is required in lung development of foetus as well as during breast feeding. It also prevents threatened abortion and accidental hemorrhage.
To get optimal spinach nutrition, you should thoroughly wash it and eat it raw in form of salads. One of the best things about spinach is that it is readily available anywhere in the world, in all seasons. Thus you can achieve inner health and longer lasting vitality by including spinach in your daily diet.
Share this article