Spiced Pumpkin Soup
- 2 tablespoon(s) margarine, substitute butter
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- clove(s) (2 cloves) garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- .5 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 carton(s) (32 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can(s) (29 ounces) pure pumpkin, not pumpkin-pie mix
- 1 can(s) (12 ounces) carrot juice
- .5 cup(s) pumpkin seeds (pepitas), roasted and shelled
- In 4-quart saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat. Add carrot and onion, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until soft, stirring frequently. Add garlic, cumin, and cinnamon, and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Add broth, pumpkin, and carrot juice to saucepan, stirring to combine. Cover saucepan and heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir soup just before serving. Pass pumpkin seeds to sprinkle over soup.
Share this article