Salmon Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 1/2 pound (about 2 cups) macaroni pasta
- 2 (7-ounce) cans salmon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (plus more to taste or for added smoothness)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots, red onions, or green onions (with onion greens)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill (or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- Tabasco to taste (we used about 10 drops)
- Freshly ground black pepper
1 Bring a pot of water (2 quarts) to a boil. Add 2 teaspoons salt. Add the dry macaroni pasta and cook, uncovered, in a rolling boil for about 10 minutes, or until the macaroni is al dente (slightly firm). Remove from heat, drain, rinse briefly in cold water (macaroni should be still warm after rinsing) and drain again.
2 In a large bowl mix the salmon, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix in the shallots, parsley, dill, and celery.
3 Mix in the cooked macaroni while it is still warm. Add Tabasco and freshly ground pepper to taste. As the macaroni absorbs the mayonnaise, you may need to add some water to the salad to keep it from being dry. Adjust seasonings.
Chill before serving.
Yield: Serves 4.
Share this article