Saffron potato soup
4 medium rouchly chopped potatoes
1 litre chicken stock
to taste salt
1/4 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp fennel powder
1/2 cup regular milk
1/2 cup double cream
1 good pinch soaked in 3 tbsp of water saffron
Preparation method :
Prep: 1 hour | Cook: 30 mins | Extra time: 2 hours 10 mins, rising
1. In a pan boil potatoes in the chicken stock for fifteen to eighteen minutes,or until potatoes are cooked.
2. puree the potatoes with the stock in a blender or a food processor.
3. return the soup to the pan and bring to a boil.
4. stir in milk, double cream, pepper powder, salt and saffron.
5. let it simmer for another four to five minutes and serve piping hot.
Share this article