Raspberry-Lemon Cream Cake
- 2 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoon(s) confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) frozen all-butter pound cake, thawed
- 1/2cup(s) prepared lemon curd
- 2 cup(s) raspberries
- 3 tablespoon(s) seedless raspberry jam
- Lemon-peel strips, for garnish
- Prepare frosting: In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cream and vanilla; increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate frosting while assembling cake.
- Assemble cake: Cut pound cake horizontally into 3 even slices. Place bottom slice on platter; spread with half of lemon curd. Reserve 1/2 cup raspberries for garnish. Arrange half of remaining raspberries over lemon curd. Spread 1 side of each remaining pound-cake slice with jam. Place 1 pound-cake slice, jam side down, over raspberry-topped cake. Repeat with remaining lemon curd, raspberries, and pound cake. Spread frosting over top and sides of cake. Cover cake loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, garnish cake with lemon peel and reserved raspberries. Use serrated knife to cut cake crosswise into slices.
Share this article