Pregnancy Skin Care
Pregnancy is a time when the entire body is under turmoil and the skin shows the effects. During pregnancy, the hormonal activity in the body increases and there are also a lot of chemical imbalances. This can give rise to a variety of skin problems that can make your ordeal even more unbearable. And the sad truth is that you can’t use any remedies to alleviate your problem. This is because you don’t have only your own body to take care of. The minute you learn that, you are pregnant; you become responsible for two lives. You must take all the measures to ensure that the development of the fetus is not jeopardized in any way. After all, only the womb cannot ensure the health of the baby. So, if you take all and sundry measures for your skin and other ailments during pregnancy then you should know that it might adversely affect the development of the fetus. For effective skin care treatment during pregnancy, you have to keep a few factors in mind. To know more read about skin care tips during pregnancy.
- To prevent dry skin and the formation of stretch marks you should treat your skin daily with oils. Sweet almond oil, wheat germ oil, olive oil, cypress oil, castor oil, rosehip oil and avocado oil are especially good. These oils will keep the skin moisturized and also provide all those nutrients that the skin requires to maintain elasticity. Coconut oil and jojoba oil is also very good in preventing stretch marks.
- Apply oils in all those areas that are prone to stretch marks like the tummy, buttocks, breasts, and thighs.
- Another good way to get rid of stretch marks is to apply cocoa butter mixed with olive oil on the affected area.
- During the first three months of pregnancy, the body undergoes huge fluctuations of hormones. This results in the outbreak of acne. The best remedy for acne during this time is to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and drink lots of water. You can also use skin creams but only on consultation with the doctor. The creams should contain erythromycin and other antibiotics that will not affect the fetus.
- To get relief from the itching of the palms and soles of the feet, take a peppermint bath. If the itch is concentrated around a particular area in the skin then apply a paste of honey and cinnamon powder. This will effectively stop the itch.
- Taking vitamin E supplement is a good way to keep the skin, tight and prevent stretch marks.
- During pregnancy, the skin becomes very delicate. So, avoid hard scrubs while cleaning the skin. Also, avoid scratching the skin. Use only natural products that are mild on the skin.
- Gently massage your face with almond oil or olive oil before going to bed every night. You can also use this oil to massage other parts of the body.
- Pregnant women are more prone to develop rashes and infection on the skin. This can be prevented by drinking two glasses of carrot juice a day. This will also prevent blotchiness and pigmentation of the skin. If you have already developed blotches and rashes then applying carrot juice is a very good way to get rid of them.
- To maintain the health of the skin during pregnancy the diet is of extreme importance. Ensure that the diet is rich in iron, calcium, proteins, vitamins, and other micronutrients. Raw salads are also especially good.
Share this article