Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert
20 chocolate cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
1 (16 ounce) carton Cool Whip, thawed and divided
15 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
1 cup cold milk
1 (4 ounce) package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
1. Put 16 cookies in a heavy duty zip-lock bag and crush (I use a rolling pin).
2. Pour crumbs into a bowl; add butter and toss to coat.
3. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch square dish.
4. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and 1 cup powdered sugar until smooth.
5. Fold in half of the Cool Whip.
6. Spread over crust.
7. Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups.
8. In another bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and remaining powdered sugar on low for 2 minutes.
9. Fold in the rest of the Cool whip.
10. Spread over the peanut butter cups.
11. Crush the remaining cookies and sprinkle over the top.
12. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
Share this article