Open Faced Patties (Sfiha)
* 1/2 Basic Bread Dough Recipe
* 1 lb Lamb shoulder, finely ground
* 1 Large onion, finely chopped
* 1/2 cup Pine nuts
* 1 cup Yogurt or 1 T. Lemon juice
* 1/8 tsp Cinnamon, optional
* Salt and pepper to taste
Thoroughly mix the filling ingredients adding the yogurt last. After dough has risen, roll as in pie crust and cut into 3" rounds. Flute the edge.
Spread a tablespoon of the filling evenly on the individual rounds. Place close together on greased pans. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes
until dough is golden brown.
Note: Yogurt or lemon juice may be omitted from filling, or you can use chopped tomato instead.
Share this article