Means of developing chastity
Ethicists mention several means leading to chastity. They are:
- Moderation in inclination to lusts
- Avoidance of associating with the evil who exaggerate and decorate the vices
- Acceding to the virtuous and the religious individuals who advance to moralities and warn against evil-doing
- Avoidance of reading erotic books that deconstruct the structures of virtue and perfection, and leaving the places of immoral entertainment
- Using self-control in states of wrath, which is a short-termed insanity.
- Retreating the unwelcomed customs such as arrogance and self-esteem since they lead to excite for any valueless matter because of the illusion of indignity
- Avoidance of thinking in vile and violation because such a thinking is the pioneer of will and work. The prolixity of licentious imaginary and vile misgiving lures on falling in the depths of vices.
- Avoidance of carrying irate and pessimistic thoughts, and agreement with those who disregard this life and disassociate with people
- The exploitation of the legal and acceptable provisions of the mundane affairs. God says:
And seek by means of what Allah has given to you the future abode, and do not neglect your portion of this world.
Adapted from the book: "The Educational System in Islam" by: "Baqir Sharif Al-Qireshi"
Share this article