Lamb Patties With Harissa
12 jalapeno peppers
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 teaspoon caraway seed
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 cup olive oil
1 1/2 lbs lean ground lamb
2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons onions, grated
4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
2 1/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
salt, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Cut off stems of jalapenos. Cut each jalapeno in half and remove seeds. Chop coarsely.
2. Put jalapenos, garlic, caraway seeds, 1/4 tsp cumin, coriander and 1/2 cup olive oil in a food processor and blend to a fine liquid texture. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine lamb, 2 tbls garlic, onion, parsley, paprika, red pepper flakes, 1 tsp cumin, black pepper and salt. Mix thoroughly by hand.
4. Shape into 8 equal patties.
5. Heat 1 tbls. olive oil in a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook about 3 minutes on each side.
6. Drain on paper towels.
7. Serve with a dollop of room temperature harissa sauce.
Share this article