Lamb Leg Roast
3 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary (crushed)
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
4 lbs leg of lamb (trimmed, boned, rolled and tied)
mint jelly (optional)
1. Combine mustard, garlic, rosemary and pepper.
2. Rub all over the leg of lamb (lamb may be covered and refrigerated to marinate up to 24 hours before roasting).
3. Place roast in foil-lined roasting pan.
4. (Insert Meat Thermometer into thickest part of the roast). (Temperature desired is 150° for medium well done).
5. In preheated 400° oven, roast for 15 minutes and then reduce oven temperature to 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes for 4 pound medium well done roast. If well done roast is desired, cook longer to your desired doneness.
6. Remove roast to cutting board and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
7. Serve with mint jelly if desired.
Share this article