How To Find The Best Lawn Mowers
In the TV series ‘Supernatural’ a Genie grants Dean his most cherished dream - to live life normally, instead of chasing ghosts and demons. To the tune of ‘what a wonderful world’, Dean spends an eventful afternoon mowing the lawn and drinking a pint afterwards. Yes, mowing the lawn is a very relaxing exercise, provided you have a lawn at first. Imagine that you have a little cottage with a green lawn that is trimmed and cropped and blossoming with flowers and creepers - you would feel like you are living in a fairytale! But for a fairytale life, you have to sweat out at first. For two to three times every week, you have to drag the land mower over your lawn, to keep it tidy. If you are too lazy for this, apply the earliest land mowers - grazers. Buy a goat or sheep and leave it in your lawn. It will have the same effect as the lawn mower. Before the invention of lawn mowers, this was the best technique to tidy up the lawn and gardens. However, since this is not an option for the urbanites, investing in a lawn mower is the best way to transform the grassy mess to an urban Eden. However beautiful your house is, if your lawn resembles a grass and weed forest, it will become an eyesore. Read the tips given below on how to find the best land mower to trim your lawn.
- Before buying a land mower, the characteristic of the lawn must be kept in mind. Take into account the contours of the lawn and also the variety of the grass grown therein. Always remember that different types of land mowers are required for different types of grasses and lawn conditions. For example, if your lawn is shady and the grass is generally wet, you will require a different set of blades than those required for dry grasses.
- You also have to consider if your lawn is even or there are small hills and bumps or you have to turn around corners. Keeping this in mind, you can decide whether you want a self-propelled lawn mower or a manual one.
- Select a mower with good maneuverability, especially if you have to move around bushes, trees and plants.
- Decide on the budget. Land mowers come in a wide range of prices, depending on the design and usage. They can range from a couple of thousand rupees to the very expensive ones, depending on the brand as well. Buy the one that satisfies most of your requirements, but at an affordable price.
- Decide on the type of land mowers you want. Land mowers come in three types - reel, rotary and electric. Reel land mowers use the shearing action to cut the grass. In this, the grass is cut very short and so, it is most commonly used in sport grounds, like golf courses. Rotary mowers use a motor to turn the blades at high speed, which clips the grass. This types of mowers are generally gasoline powered. In electric mowers, the only difference with rotary ones is that they are powered by electricity and are easy to use.
- Consider the efficiency. Go for a mower that is efficient at minimal cost. At the same time, it is always better to buy from an established dealer. Also, it is advisable to test the mower at least once, before buying it.
- Maintenance of lawn mowers is of utmost importance. They must be cleaned regularly, because of their frequent contact with dirt and grime.
Share this article