Exercising After Baby is Born
(HealthDay News) -- Many women are eager to slim down after baby arrives, but it takes time for your body to recover.
The American Council on Exercise offers these suggestions for new moms:
- Talk to your doctor about when it is safe to resume exercise.
- Gradually ease back into exercise, building up duration and intensity over time.
- Drink plenty of fluids, and avoid getting overtired.
- Support your abdomen and breasts when you exercise.
- Eat a balanced and nutritious diet.
- Your goals and exercise schedule will depend on the type of delivery you had, and your general health. Discuss with your doctor.
Share this article