Emelita's Chicken Noodle Soup
1 kg chicken thighs
113 g elbow macaroni
690 ml chicken broth
230 ml fresh milk
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1 carrot, julienne cut
113 g cabbage, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
Preparation method :
Prep: 40 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Boil chicken in 2 cups water with salt for 10 minutes. Cool and shred chicken. Discard skin and bones. Set aside broth.
2. Cook elbow macaroni al dente or just right. Drain and discard broth. Set aside.
3. Saute garlic and onion in olive oil until onion is translucent.
4. Add shredded chicken. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and cook 2 minutes.
5. Add half of the chicken broth, boil for another 3-4 minutes.
6. Add carrots and cook another 2 minutes.
7. Add all the broth, macaroni and milk. Mix thoroughly and cook another 2 minutes.
8. Add the shredded cabbage cook another 2 minutes. Best if served hot
Share this article