Chiken Hyderabadi Biryani Recipes
2 number green chilli 1 tbsp javeri mace 1 tbsp lime juice 4 number medium sized onions sliced 2 tbsp oil or (ghee) 2 large onion fried 6 piece pepper corns 1/2 tsp saffron color to taste salt to taste turmeric 2 cup yoghurt 2 number black cardamom 800 grams chicken medium pieces 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves 2 stick cinnamon 2 number cloves and green cardamoms each 1/2 tsp cumin and coriander pdr 2 tbsp each of chopped ginger and garlic 2 cup flavored rice(basmati)
Preperation & Cooking:
1. Grind the ingredients to be ground to a fine paste. Mix this paste with yoghurt and salt. Make cuts on the chicken pieces and rub this marinade into them well. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
2. In a large vessel combine the rice, water, salt and cook till the rice is half-done. Drain the excess liquid and spread the rice on a plate to cool.
3. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan till hot and fry the sliced onions till they are crisp and golden brown.
4. Add the marinated chicken pieces, mix well with all other ingredients and add fried onion
5. In a large heavy-bottomed pan add chicken with marinade and top , a layer of rice topped with a portion of the saffron milk. In this way arrange alternate layers of melted clarified butter (ghee)/ butter, chicken, rice and saffron milk till they are all used up. Make sure the topmost layer is of rice topped with melted clarified butter (ghee) / butter and saffron milk.
6. cook on high heat for first 10 min and next 10 min medium heat and next 10 in low heat
7. cover it with a tight fitting lid. Cook on very low level 8. Garnish with slices of boiled eggs, nuts or raisins.
Share this article