Chickpea, bacon & tomato salad
This chickpea salad makes a great side dish, or light lunch, and can be prepared in less than twenty minutes.
- 220g rindless bacon, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- Rind of 1 lemon, finely grated
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large shallot, finely sliced
- 400g can chickpeas (Edgell brand), drained and rinsed
- 2 punnets grape tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 cup continental parsley leaves, roughly chopped
Cut 220g rindless bacon into 3cm pieces. Cook over a medium heat for 7 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Add 2 garlic cloves, crushed, and toss well. Drain on paper towel. In a medium bowl whisk 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil, 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar, finely grated rind of 1 lemon and salt and pepper. Add 1 large shallot, finely sliced, 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed, 2 punnets grape tomatoes, halved lengthways, and 1 cup continental parsley leaves, roughly chopped.
Serve with grilled salmon, barbequed prawns and calamari.
Share this article