Chicken and Mushroom Cream Soup
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes.
8 oz. of button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 pint light cream
1 large can of chicken broth
3 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 tbsp butter or olive oil
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
lemon wedges (for serving)
1. Heat butter or oil in bottom of a large pot.
2. Add garlic for 30 seconds, then add chicken.
3. Sautee chicken until cooked on all sides.
4. Grind fresh black pepper over chicken, add mushrooms to pot.
5. Sautee for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are cooked.
6. Add can of chicken broth, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Remove lid, reduce heat, stir in cream while it heats.
8. Add salt and more pepper to taste.
Serve with fresh lemon wedges on the side, to be squeezed into soup.
Share this article