Categories of Menstruating Women
· Issue 204: Menstruating women are of six categories:
· Possessing a custom of time and number [Zaatul-'Aadatil-Waqtiyyah wal-'Adadiyyah]. It is she who sees the blood of Haidh in two consecutive months in a particular time and the number of days in which she sees the blood in each of the two months are equal. Like, she sees blood in each two months from the beginning of the month until the seventh day.
· Possessing a custom of time [Zaatul-'Aadatil-Waqtiyyah]. It is she who see the blood of Haidh in two consecutive months in one specific time, however, the number of days are different in the two months. For example, in one month she sees five days and in another month she sees seven days, although the beginning of the menstruation in each of the two months is, for example, the beginning of the month.
· Possessing a custom of number [Zaatul-'Aadatil-'Adadiyyah]. It is she whom the days in which she sees the blood of Haidh in each two months is equal in number. For example, in each two months she sees seven days, however, the time is different. For example, one time she sees (the blood) in the beginning of the month or more, and another time, she it on the tenth day, or more.
· Mudhtaribah. It is she who menstruates in a number of months, however, a particular custom is not established for her or she had previously established a custom but it was disturbed and a new custom has not been established.
à Mubtadi`ah. It is she who is menstruating for the first time.
à Naasiyah. It is she who has forgotten her custom.
For each one of these menses there are particular rules which will be mentioned in the coming issues.
Share this article