Care for a Plant
- 5 to 10 minutes
- Empty jar
- An avocado seed
- Caring for a plant is a vivid way to teach responsibility for things we love. First, you can enjoy the avocado for lunch.
- Then, poke 3 or 4 toothpicks around the middle of the avocado seed to support it over a jar.
- Fill the jar with water that covers the bottom half of the seed.
- Place in a sunny windowsill and replenish water daily. The seed will sprout in several days and continue to vine out into a beautiful plant if it is cared for.
- Sprout several seeds and give them as beautiful, natural gifts.
- Make a daily watering chart and let your child check off each time that he cares for his plant.
Share this article