Cajun Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chooped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Tabasco or other hot sauce to taste
1 Set a 2-quart pot of well salted water over high heat. As the water heats to a boil, cut the chicken breasts into large (2 1/2-inch) chunks. When the water boils, add the chicken. Turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let sit for 15 minutes (time it) or more while you prepare everything else.
2 In a large bowl, mix the mayo, mustard, vinegar, paprika, Cajun seasoning and horseradish together. Mix in the eggs, celery, green pepper, green onion.
3 Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken from the poaching water* and dice it. Mix it in with the remaining ingredients. Add salt and hot sauce to taste. Chill before serving.Yield: Serves 4-6.
Share this article