Asian Prawn and Noodle Soup
2 teaspoons (10ml) vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
1 pinch dried crushed chillies
2 litres (7 1/2 cups) chicken stock
125g diagonally sliced carrots
125g diagonally sliced celery
125g snow peas
370g raw prawns, peeled and deveined
125g rice noodles
2 tablespoons (30ml) soya sauce
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat cook onion, garlic, ginger and crushed chillies in oil for 2 minutes.
2. Pour in stock, carrots and celery and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in snow peas and prawns.
4. Cover and cook 3 minutes.
5. Break noodles into 5cm pieces and add to soup.
6. Cover and cook 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender and prawns are pink. Stir in soya sauce and pepper and serve.
Share this article