Ahadith narrated by members of the purified progeny of Holy Prophet (PBUH) about Imam Ali (A.S): part 5
31) In his Amali, al-Saduq has quoted Ibn Abbas relating one hadith in which the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) says: "Allah, the Praised, the Sublime, has inspired to me: `I have selected from your nation a brother and heir for you, a successor and executor of your will.' I inquired: `O Lord! Who is he?' He replied: `it is he who loves me and I love him...,' till He said in His divine statement: `It is Ali ibn Abu Talib.'"
34) In his Amali, al-Saduq has quoted one hadith through Isnad to Imam Reza (A.S) who quotes his ancestors citing the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying: "Ali is of me, and I am of Ali; may Allah wage war against those who fight Ali; Ali, indeed, is the Imam of creation after me."
35) Abu Jafer Muhammad ibn al-Hassan al-Tusi in his Amal quotes one hadith narrated by `Ammar ibn Yasir in which the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) is quoted telling Ali, "Allah has decorated you in a way that is most dear to Him: through asceticism to the extent that you do not feel deprived of any of this life's pleasures, and none of them feels deprived of you, and He has endowed you with the love for the destitute, making their fellowship welcomed by you, and they welcome you as their Imam; therefore, congratulations to whoever loves you and believes in you, and woe unto whoever hates you and tells lies about you."
36) In his Amali, Shaykh al-Saduq has also quoted one hadith through Isnad to Ali (as) who has said while preaching from Kufa's pulpit: "O people! The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) granted me ten attributes that are dearer to me than anything upon which the sun shines: He (PBUH) has said to me: `O `Ali! You are my brother in this life and the life hereafter, and you are the closest to me among all creation on the Day of Resurrection; your residence in Paradise faces mine; you are my heir, the executor of my will after me, faring with both my foes and family; you protect my family on my own behalf during my absence; you are my nation's Imam; you execute justice among my followers; you are my friend, and my friend is the friend of Allah; your enemy is my enemy, and my enemy is surely the enemy of Allah.'"
37) In al-Saduq's book titled Al-Nusus`ala al-A'Imma, which contains texts relevant to the Imams, alHassan ibn Ali (A.S) is quoted saying: "I have heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say the following to my father: `And you are the inheritor of my knowledge, the substance of my own judgment, and the Imam after me.'"
38) Also in his work containing texts about the Imams, al-Saduq quotes `Umran ibn Hasin saying: "I have heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say to `Ali, `You are the Imam and successor after me.'"
40) Also in the same reference cited above, al-Saduq quotes al-Hussein ibn`Ali (A.S) saying: "When Allah revealed the verse: `And those who are kin of each other are more worthy of each other in the Book of Allah,' I asked the Messenger of Allah to interpret it, and he said:`You are the kin; when I die, your father `Ali is the most worthy of me and my station; when your father dies, your brother alHassan is most worthy of it; and if alHassan dies, then you are most worthy of his station.'"
Al-Muraja'at by Allamah Seyyed 'Abd al-Hussein Sharaf al-Din al-Musawi
Share this article