Ahadith narrated by members of the purified progeny of Holy Prophet (PBUH) about Imam Ali (A.S): part 2
6) Al-Saduq, also in his Ikmal, tracing one hadith to Imam Reza (A.S) who quotes his forefathers citing the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him and his progeny, saying: "Whoever likes to uphold my religion and embark upon the Ark of Salvation after me, let him follow the example of Ali ibn Abu Talib, for he is the executor of my will, and my vicegerent over my nation during my lifetime and after my demise."
7) Al-Saduq, also in his Ikmal, attributes another hadith by the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him and his progeny, to Imam Reza (A.S) who quotes his ancestors stating that the Prophet (PBUH) once said: "I and Ali are the fathers of this nation; whoever knows us very well also knows Allah, and whoever denies us also denies Allah, the Unique, the Mighty. And from `Ali's descendants are my grandsons Imam Hassan and Imam Hussein, who are the masters of the youths of Paradise, and from Imam Hussein's descendants shall be nine: whoever obeys them obeys me, and whoever disobeys them also disobeys me; the ninth among them is their Qa'im and Mahdi."
8) Al-Saduq, also in his Ikmal, traces another hadith through Isnad to Imam Hassan Askari (A.S) who quotes his ancestors up to the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him and his progeny, addressing Ibn Mas`ud thus: "O Ibn Mas`ud! `Ali ibn Abu Talib is your Imam after me; he is my successor over you."
9) Quoting one hadith related by Salman, al-Saduq, also in his Ikmal, says that once Salman visited the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him and his progeny, and found Hussein ibn Ali (A.S) sitting on his lap, and the prophet was kissing him and saying: "You are a master, son of a master, an Imam and son of an Imam, brother of an Imam, father of Imams, and you are Allah's Argument, the son of His Argument (Hujjah), and father of nine Arguments from your loins, the ninth of them is their Qa'im."
10) Al-Saduq, also in his Ikmal, quotes another hadith traced also to Salman who quotes a lengthy hadith by the Messenger of Allah in which he (PBUH) says: "O Fatima! Have you not come to know that we are Ahl-ul-Bayt Allah has made the Hereafter dearer to us than this life, and Allah the Exalted, Praised is His Name, cast a look at the inhabitants of the earth and chose me from among His creation; then he cast a second look and chose your husband and inspired me to marry you to him and take him as wali and vizier, and to make him my successor over my nation. So, your father is the best of prophets, your husband is the best of wasis, and you are the first to join me."
11) Al-Saduq, also in his Ikmal, quotes a lengthy hadith and mentions in it that a meeting of over two hundred men from the Muhajirun (Meccan Immigrants) and the Ansar (Medenite Supporters) were seeking knowledge and studying jurisprudence, and that each one of them started bragging about himself, while Ali (A.S) remained silent. They asked him: "O father of al-Hassan, what stops you from saying something?" In response to their question, he (A.S) only reminded them of a statement made by the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) in which he said: "Ali is my brother, vizier, heir, executor of my will, successor over my nation, and the wali of every believer after me; so, admit all of this about him."
Al-Muraja'at by Allamah Seyyed 'Abd al-Hussein Sharaf al-Din al-Musawi
Share this article