Acne During Pregnancy
Though pregnancy is one of the most joyful times and pleasant experiences for women, it still has its own share of problems. During pregnancy, there is a hormonal gush in the body, which can either lead to acne or aggravate the skin problem, if you are already suffering from it. Though there are many products available in the market to cure the disease, most of them are forbidden for pregnant women, as they might pose a risk to the child. However, with a little precaution and care, you can treat acne naturally and effectively. To know how to treat acne during pregnancy, read on.
- When suffering from acne, wash your face gently, with a mild soap or cleanser, twice a day. If you use a moisturizer make sure it's non-oily. Always wash your face with your hands and never ever scrub it a washcloth. Scrubbing can aggravate the problem.
- Fight the urge to pop, squeeze or rub pimples. This is because it will only make the situation worse. Popping, squeezing and rubbing can cause the bacteria to spread and also leave scars.
- Though there are natural skin-care products available in the market, claimed to be safe for you as well as your baby, do not consume any of them without the prior consent of your doctor or health care provider.
- Your diet makes a tremendous difference on your skin. Foods containing antioxidants can help fight acne effectively. Foods items like salmon, dark green veggies, olives, berries, strawberries and extra virgin olive oil are nice options to be included in your diet.
- Exercising matters a lot, if you are suffering from such a skin problem. Daily exercise will help increase your circulation and improve blood flow to the skin, making it toned and healthy. It also helps reduce stress, another factor that leads to acne.
- If you wear makeup, use products that are water based and labeled 'noncomedogenic' or 'nonacnegenic'. This indicates that they won't clog your pores and cause breakouts. Make sure you wash off your makeup before going to bed, enabling the skin to breathe.
Share this article