- 1 (1 4 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Sauté onion and garlic in hot olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add beans and next 5 ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Stir in orange rind and 2 tablespoons juice.
Process half of mixture in blender until smooth. (Caution! Hot liquids create steam which will blow the top off the blender! Be sure to securely hold blender lid down!) Return to Dutch oven, and cook soup until thoroughly heated. Stir together remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice, sour cream, and cilantro. Serve with soup. Garnish, if desired.
Makes 2 quarts