- Published on Friday, 26 July 2013 19:21
- Written by yasalamcooking.com
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
5 chicken breast, boneless and skinless, diced
2 cans water
2 cans chicken broth
3 cups milk
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons shortening
1. In a 4 quart pan on high heat add cream of mushroom and chicken soup, milk, chicken, water, bay leaf and chicken broth. Allow to come to a full boil then reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer until chicken is done about 45 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, salt and shortening. Mix until course. Carefully add enough water to get a dough, about 1/2 cup.
3. After chicken has cooked raise heat back to high when soup is boiling take 1 tablespoon of the dumpling mix and place into the soup. Repeat this until dough has finished. Reduce heat to medium. DO NOT stir for 10 minutes. Cook covered for 10 minutes. Carefully stir and cook uncovered for 10 minutes. Sprinkle top with salt and pepper.
Yields: 5 servings