- Published on Friday, 26 July 2013 19:06
- Written by yasalamcooking.com
1 pound ground lamb or beef
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 large onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 large potato, finely diced
2 tomatoes, diced
salt and pepper to taste
5 cups beef broth
2 green chili’s, tops removed and slit lengthwise
1 tablespoon hawaij spice blend
2 eggs, beat
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 recipe of hulba
1 recipe of Yemeni chutney
1. In a 9-inch skillet on medium-high heat add meat, cook until no longer pink. Drain grease and place into a 4-quart saucepan. In the same skillet on medium heat add oil, onion, garlic, chili’s and hawaij. Cook until onions are tender. Add mixture into 4-quart pan.
2. In 4-quart pan add beef broth, potatoes, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a full boil, cover and reduce to low. Simmer for one hour. Add eggs, stirring until blended and cilantro, stir.
3. Place some hulba on top of salta and chutney atop the hulba.
Yields: 12 servings