- Published on Friday, 26 July 2013 18:48
- Written by yasalamcooking.com
1 lb 2 oz dried fava beans
1/2 cup olive oil
2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
4 bay leaves
pinch of salt and pepper
2 cups water
1. In a 2-quart pan on high heat boil the beans for 30 minutes, strain.
2. In a 2-quart saucepan on medium heat add olive oil. Brown the onions, add the tomatoes, parsley, cumin, bay leaves, salt and pepper, cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the beans to the water and simmer until thickened. Serve.