- Published on Friday, 26 July 2013 18:12
- Written by yasalamcooking.com
1 pound lean ground beef or lamb
1 (15 oz) can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz) can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 large white onion, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
4 garlic cloves. crushed
2 tablespoons Mexican chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 green chili, seeded and diced
2 teaspoons sugar
2 cups water
1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1. In a 9-inch non-stick skillet on medium heat add onions, bell pepper and garlic. Add ground beef and cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain grease.
2. In an 8-quart pot add water, tomato sauce, tomatoes, kidney beans, pinto beans, cilantro, meat mixture, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, chili, sugar and butter. Mix well, stir in flour mixing well.
3. Reduce heat to low and allow chili to simmer for 30 minutes.
Yields: 4 servings for a main course or 8 servings for a side dish.