- Published on Friday, 26 July 2013 18:10
- Written by yasalamcooking.com
4 pounds fresh mouloukhiek, picked, cleaned and dried
1 large chicken, cut up
salt, to taste
1 onion, chopped
8 garlic cloves, smashed
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup lemon juice
5 cups chicken broth
1. In 4-quart saucepan add water and salt, add chicken. Bring to a full boil then reduce to low and cook until fully cooked. About 45 minutes. Shred chicken when finished. Cover and keep warm. Cut dried mouloukhiek up with a knife.
2. In another saucepan on medium heat add butter. Fry onions and garlic until tender. Add cilantro and coriander. Add mouloukhiek and lemon juice with chicken broth.
3. Bring to a full boil then reduce to low. Cover and allow to sit until ready to serve.
Yields: 6 servings