- Published on Friday, 26 July 2013 18:01
- Written by yasalamcooking.com
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, diced
1 small white onion, finely diced
1 (400 grams) can Italian tomatoes with juice
3 cups chicken broth (or veggie) or water with 2 bouillon cubes
1 carrot, chopped
5 baby tomatoes, quartered
Salt and pepper, taste
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup corn
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup vermicelli
1. In a 4-quart saucepan on medium heat add olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook until tender about 4 minutes. Add basil, thyme, paprika and bay leaf, and mix and allow cooking for about 10 seconds.
2. Carefully add chicken broth, Italian tomatoes, carrot, baby tomatoes, corn and peas. Bring to a full boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Allow to cook for 30 minutes.
3. 5 minutes before cooking time has finished add vermicelli and salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Yields: 3 servings