- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 15:19
- Written by allrecipes.asia
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1Litre (4 cups) chicken stock
1/2 apple - peeled, cored and chopped
3 tablespoons basmati rice
1 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillet - diced
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 pinch dried thyme
125ml (1/2 cup) very thick (45%) cream
Preparation method :
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Fry onions, celery, carrot and butter in a large soup pot. Add flour and curry powder and cook 5 more minutes.
2. Add chicken stock, mix well and bring to the boil. Simmer about 1/2 hour.
3. Add apple, rice, chicken, salt, pepper and thyme. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until rice is done.
4. Stir in cream and serve.