- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 14:48
- Written by allrecipes.asia
3 litres vegetable broth
2 cups (500ml) water
2 cups fresh green beans - rinsed, trimmed, and snapped into bite-size pieces
4 zucchini, cut into small cubes
3 medium carrots, cut into bite size pieces
4 medium potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
1 bunch Italian basil, leaves picked from stems
10 cloves garlic, minced
3 large tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 (400g) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (400g) can white beans, drained and rinsed
1 (400g) can diced tomatoes
1 (230g) package spaghetti, broken into 5cm pieces
1/2 cup (60g) shredded Gruyere cheese
1/2 cup (40g) grated Parmesan cheese
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Bring the vegetable broth and water to a boil in a large pot. Stir in the green beans, zucchini, carrots, and potatoes. Return to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the pistou by processing the basil leaves, garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, and salt together in a food processor until finely chopped; set aside.
3. Stir the kidney beans, white beans, canned diced tomatoes, and spaghetti into the soup and return to a simmer. Cook until the spaghetti is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove the soup from the heat and stir in the pistou. Sprinkle with Gruyere cheese and Parmesan cheese to serve.