- Published on Sunday, 22 September 2013 20:28
- Written by yummly.com
2 1/2 tablespoons grapeseed, safflower, or canola oil
1 tablespoon unseasoned vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon minced tarragon
1 Persian cucumber or 1/3 English cucumber
About 50 sugar snap peas
1/4 cup lightly packed chervil sprigs (optional)
3 ounces mâche clusters (about 3 lightly packed cups)
4 medium radishes, sliced in half lengthwise
Your choice of: bachelor's buttons (whole and petals), calendula and carnation petals, nasturtium petals, pansy petals, and stock flowerets (15 to 20 whole flowers total)*
1. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and tarragon.
2. Thinly slice cucumber. Split 30 of the fatter peapods and remove the peas; set aside. Gently rinse chervil, mâche, and gently spin twice in a salad spinner to thoroughly dry the leaves.
3. Put greens in a large bowl and toss gently but thoroughly with 3 tbsp. dressing (leaves should be barely coated), adding more dressing if necessary.
4. Divide greens among plates. To each salad, add a few slices of cucumber, some sugar snap peas (both whole pods and just the peas), and some radishes. Drizzle with any remaining dressing, if you like, and top with whole flowers and flower petals.