- Published on Sunday, 14 July 2013 21:57
- Written by food.com
1/3 cup tasty tahini
1/3 cup cool water (maybe more if leaving in the fridge for some time)
1/2 lemon, juice of
sea salt, to taste
1 small garlic clove (optional, use only if serving this sauce as a meze)
3 -5 stalks fresh parsley (optional, ditto)
paprika (optional, ditto)
1. Put the tahini in a small bowl and pour in a little water.
2. Stir slowly until the texture starts to become thicker, then add more water and stir. Repeat a few times keeping the mixture more or less homogeneous.
3. Squeeze and add the lemon juice. (Stop at this point if using with Msabbha Msabbha).
4. (Continue if serving as a sauce in itself), Chop the garlic and the parsley well, and add them while stirring.
5. If the tahini is too thick, add a little more water. Add the salt.
6. Serve with some chopped parsley on top and a sprinkling of paprika.