- Published on Thursday, 11 July 2013 19:54
- Written by myhalalkitchen.com
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
sea salt, to taste
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
1 navel orange, peeled and roughly chopped
7 Deglet Noor dates, pitted and roughly chopped
1/2 English cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and cucumber thinly sliced
1/8 cup jumbo golden raisins
1/8 cup red radishes, julienned
1/4 cup carrots, julienned or shredded
juice of one lemon
nasturtium flower petals
1. At the bottom of your salad bowl, drizzle the olive oil and add the salt.
2. Next, add everything except the lemon juice and nasturtium flowers.
3. Just before serving, squeeze the lemon juice and mix all ingredients together, scooping up the oil and salt and mixing it thoroughly with everything.
4. Decorate with whole nasturtium petals for a beautiful (and edible) presentation.