- Published on Sunday, 29 September 2013 20:42
- Written by food.com
500 g rice
1 kg sugar
1/2 teaspoon saffron
1/2 cup rose water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Wash rice a few times until the water is clear, then drain.
2. Add six times water and bring to a boil, removing the foam.
3. When rice softens completely, add sugar and stir well.
4. Dissolve saffron in half a cup of hot water and add to the mix.
5. Heat up oil and also add to the mix.
6. Add in most of the almonds and the rosewater.
7. Stir well and cover.
8. Cook in oven at low temperature for half an hour.
9. Serve with pistachio, almond and cinnamon sprinkled on top.