Rice Pudding Recipe
Preparation time : 1 hr(approx) | Serves 6 persons
Looking for a rice food and here it is your home made rice pudding . Rice pudding is generally known as Kheer in South Asian cuisine and is very traditional dessert item for any dinner party. It is simply made from rice, milk, solid milk and sugar. Its not only very delicious but also very nutritious for children.
1 kg milk
½ cup crushed rice
2 cup condensed milk
Sugar to taste (if required)
¼ cup khoya/mawa (optional)
Crushed pistachio and almond as required
1. Boil milk in a pan.
2. Add rice in the milk and stir continuously to cook it on medium heat so that lumps are not formed.
3. After 15 minutes when rice becomes completely soft add condense milk and stir well.
4. If you require add sugar in it and stir continuously.
5. After 5-8 minutes add khoya in it and cook (if you are not using khoya, then cook the mixture until it becomes thick).
6. After 5-10 minutes the mixture starts to thick and when its texture just like custard paste or cream (when you drop mixture from spoon it drops a little and most of the mixture stick on the spoon).
7. At this stage remove it from the stove, pour the kheer into the bowl and let it be cooled in fridge.
Servings: Garnish it with crushed pistachio and almond and enjoy it.
Garnish it with crushed pistachio and almond and enjoy it.
Share this article