- Published on Friday, 26 July 2013 19:01
- Written by yasalamcooking.com
4 chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cooked and shredded
1 (15 oz) can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 large white onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
4 garlic cloves crushed
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 green chili, stem removed and split
2 teaspoons sugar
2 cups water
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1. In a 9-inch non-stick skillet on medium heat add onions, bell pepper and garlic.
2. In an 8-quart pot add water, tomato sauce, tomatoes, kidney beans, meat mixture, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, chili, sugar, chicken and butter. Mix well, stir in flour mixing well.
3. Reduce heat to low and allow chili to simmer for 30 minutes.
Yields: 6 servings