- Published on Friday, 26 July 2013 18:47
- Written by yasalamcooking.com
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped carrot
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
3-1/2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
dollop yogurt, topping optional
1. Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender.
2. Add carrot and celery; cook 7 to 9 minutes until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in tomatoes, broth, salt, thyme, pepper and basil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of basil on top.
Yields: 6 servings