- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 15:23
- Written by allrecipes.asia
400ml chicken stock
1 whole star anise
20g fresh grated ginger
1 clove fresh crushed garlic
3-4 coriander roots, washed plus a few leaves
2cm piece of lemongrass (the white bit) chopped
1 tsp tamarind pod or paste
100g lean chicken breast cut into 25g strips
50g noodles, cooked
4 leaves of bok choy, medium size
30g grated carrot
15g grated Daikon
5-6 leaves of Vietnamese mint (rau ram or laksa leaves)
30g mung bean sprouts
30g snowpea sprouts, tops only
fresh chopped hot chilli
Preparation method :
Prep: 1 hour | Cook: 30 mins
1. Warm the chicken stock and then put in the first six items after chicken stock and infuse by bringing to a gentle simmer for 1 hour, cooling and leave overnight if possible to cool. When the stock is cold, strain it.
2. Bring the stock to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and add in this order: the chicken, then noodles, bok choy, carrot and daikon and cook until chicken is ready.
3. Serve with the sprouts, mint and chilli on the side.