- Published on Sunday, 14 July 2013 21:34
- Written by food.com
10 big fully ripe red juicy tomatoes
2 big onions, chopped
5 dried garlic, peeled
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 bay leaves
1 inch cinnamon
1 pinch nutmeg
1 tablespoon oil
1. Take a non stick heavy bottom pan and heat the oil.
2. Put bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon first and then add onion, garlic, salt and black pepper powder.
3. Saute for 2 minutes and add chopped tomatoes, salt and sugar.
4. Keep covered and stirring for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
5. Allow to cool to the room temperature.
6. Add nutmeg now.
7. Put the mixture in the blender and blend till smooth (Remove bay leaves before blending).
8. Fill in a sterilised jar and keep refrigerated.