- Published on Thursday, 11 July 2013 19:53
- Written by myhalalkitchen.com
- 4 Roma tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes
- fresh buffalo mozzarella (milk from the water buffalo, also known in Italian as ‘mozzarella di bufala‘), or any other fresh mozzarella you can find
- freshly picked basil, roughly chopped
- Kalamata olives (optional)
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
Slice the tomatoes and the mozzarella to about ¼ inch thick. Place them in a circular fashion around your favorite plate.
Add the salt, sprinkle the basil and drizzle the olive oil just before serving.
Enjoy as an appetizer with freshly baked Italian bread or crostini.