- Published on Thursday, 11 July 2013 19:52
- Written by myhalalkitchen.com
- 1/2 cup Romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 yellow tomato, diced
- 1/8 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 small Persian cucumber (pickle), diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- ground sumac, to taste
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Wash and thoroughly dry all produce and herbs. ( A salad spinner is a great way to dry fresh herbs and lettuce, but you can also use paper towels or an all-cotton dish towel to remove moisture)
- Cut produce according to ingredient specifications and mix together. If preparing the salad ahead of time, place the salt, pepper and olive oil at the bottom of the salad bowl. Add the produce but refrain from adding the lime juice or sumac on top until just before serving.
- Mix well and serve.