- Published on Saturday, 14 September 2013 21:11
- Written by Aisha Mutuku
Train peoples how to treat you by treating yourself well and insisting others to do so too.
• Practice positive self-talk to help improve your self-image. Allow your self-image to be like an invisible shield so that undeserved criticism will bounce right off.
• Develop courage - challenge yourself to do one scary (positive) thing each day. Taking risks builds self-esteem because facing your fears helps you to gain confidence.
• Ask yourself:
“How can I get more of what makes me feel successful and happy in my life?” Do something nice for yourself every day.
• Treat yourself as a friend, with the same courtesies, love and compassions you had given to a trusted friend.
• Believe in your own best intentions and trust your own innate goodness. Be gentle with yourself.
• Take good care of your body. Exercise and healthy living, helps you to feel good about yourself.
• Do something useful for others. Sometimes stepping outside yourself, forgetting your own worries and helping someone else can give your self-esteem a big boost.
Adapted from: "Family Life" by: "Aisha Mutuku"