Humanitarian rights in the time of appearance of the Mahdi (Pbuh) or world promised Saviour - Conclusion
- Humanitarian rights in the time of appearance of the Mahdi (Pbuh) or world promised Saviour
- Jesus Of Nazareth
- Muhammad (PBUH)
- Internally Displaced People
- III.- Poverty and Globalization
- IV.-International Responsability
- Religious Leaders
- V.- Guiding Principles from the Book of Ben Sira
- VI.-Final Comments
- Horizentalization of Vertical eschatology as recipe for planetary survival
- A Study of the Socio-Cultural Conditions Leading to the Realization of the Appearance of the Mahdi (AS)
- Preparation for the coming of the 12th Imam (AS) in light of the conditions that will prevail before his (AS) appearance
- Government which paves the way for the Reappearance of Imam Mahdi (AF)
- Belief in One God and human freedom
- Features of the government
- Scope of the role of the state
- Physical and social Infrastructure
- Stability of real value of monetary assets
- Non governmental organisations
- Social and economic justice
- All Pages
Over time, man has been evolving into a materialistic being. The true purpose of life is not at the forefront of man's life, as is evidenced by the increasing war, instability and oppression in the world today. However, Allah (SWT) has promised in the Holy Quran that, "It is He who has sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth to make it prevail over every other religion. However much the disbelievers may dislike it."
From this verse, we deduce that the religion of Islam will prevail over all other religions and from Ahadith we are told that this will occur under the rulership of the 12th Imam (AS).
Ahadith tell us the general state of the society before the appearance of the 12th Imam (AS). The condition of the rulers has been painted as being oppressive and tyrannical whereas the ruled will be oppressed and victimized. In this environment, the condition of the believers will be that of awaiting the reappearance of the Imam. Their condition amidst all the oppression and tyranny will be that of Taqwa - and this is what we as the followers of the Imam (AS) must aim for.
We have to work seriously towards the implementation of Islamic ideals in our personal and social lives, which we believe provide happiness in this and the next world. We must also constantly evaluate our shortcomings and reform ourselves to undertake the great responsibility of assisting the Imam (A.S.) in the Islamic government.
This is the condition of awaiting that we have to develop in anticipation of the appearance of the 12th Imam (AS). This is condition that Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq (AS) is speaking about by saying that, "…during that time (the period of the occultation), await the advent (of the Imam) every morning and evening …"
In conclusion, the reappearance of the 12th Imam (AS) is not in the control of man and the will of humanity. It is in the hands of the Almighty Allah. When the time is right, Allah (SWT) will give the Imam (AS) the order to appear and to establish the system of divine religion in the human society.
We pray that this time comes soon, InshaAllah.
1. Al-Imam AL-Mahdi; The Just Leader of Humanity, Ayatollah Ibrahim Amini. Translated by Dr. Abdulaziz Sachedina.
2. Al-Qarashi,Allama Baqir Sharif. The Life Of Imam Al-Mahdi: Peace Be Upon Him. Translated by: Sayyid Athar Husain S.H. Rizvi. Ansariyan Publications,Qum. 2006.
3. Discussions Concerning Al-Mahdi by Ayatullah al-Uzma al-Hajj ash-Shaykh Lutfullah as-Safi al-Gulpaygani. Translated by Sayyid Sulayman Ali Hasan, 2000. Published by: Islamic Humanitarian Service and Fath al-Mubin Publications. Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
5. The Awaited Savior of Humanity (al-Mahdi in the Eyes of the Ahlul Bayt) by Abdul-Rahim Mugahi. Translated by Shaykh Saleem Bhimji. Published by: The Islamic Education Board of the World Federation of Khoja Shia Ithna-Asheri Muslim Communities. London, United Kingdom.