- A Case inbetween Two Concerns
- Prologue of the Center
- Chapter One : Historical Inevitability, Universal Inevitability
- Political Misuse of the Second Inevitability
- Al Quran position towards these two inevitabilities
- The Progeny’s Position towards Both Inevitabilities
- The Origin of Gain (Al Kasb)
- Discussing Alkasb (gain) as an Origin
- Criticism of Historical Inevitability
- Chapter Two : Al Quran Position Towards (Inevitability) and (Man’s Independence)
- 1. The Doctrine of Free Choice in Al Quran
- Chapter Three : The principle of the Progeny of Muhammad(A.S.)
- Free Choice is Not Equal to Independence
- The example which the Authority Scholar Sayied Al Khouay employed to declare the matter
- 1. Repudiating the opinion of attributing man’s deeds to Allah
- Repudiating the Idea of Man’s Independence to Act
- Chapter Four : The Progeny (A.S.) Defending (Justice) and (Monotheism)
- 1. Destiny and Fate as a System in the Universe
- 2. (Destiny and Fate) is the Divine System in the Universe and in Man’s life
- 3. The Divine Permanent Guardianship on the System of Destiny and Fate in the Universe
- 4. Disobedience and peoples’ misdeeds are committed only by Allah’s destiny and fate; Allah is never disobeyed against His will
- 5. Distinguishing Allah’s Formative Will from His Legislative Will
- 6. Man’s freedom of choice within the determinate circuit of destiny and fate
- 7. Man’s responsibility for his deed
- 8. God’s domination over the movement of destiny and fate in the universe along history
- 9. The divine law of assistance and negligence and its role in the life of people
- All Pages
This book tackles a vital ideological subject which the thought of the progeny (A.S.) has already enriched.
One thousand three hundred years ago Imam AsSadique(A.S.) issued his famous statement (Neither determinism nor authorization, rather a case inbetween two concerns).
If people ever have extracted from the progeny’s glamour (A.S.) and drank from their fountain they would have never gone astray, never would they have gone to the extreme, or refuged to extravagance; nor would have they deluded each other.
Imam Ali Foundation – Central Office – Holy Qum took into consideration the endless need of different schools and various levels of students to know the thought of the progeny(A.S.); hence it introduced this English translation realizing how urgently man needs this book in his mental and daily life.
From Allah the Sublime we obtain success and content.